Tamara Shilovskaya. «1950 - 90th». Painting, drawing. CHA. LES OREADES Gallery.
Born in Petrograd (St. Petersburg) on April 10th 1916 to the family of an artist and architect.
From 1936 to 1938 she studied at the All-Russian Academy of Art.
In 1940 Shilovskaya began to work as a teacher in the mosaic studio of the Academy.
In 1945 she moved to Moscow to work on the mosaics on a panel in the Palace of Soviets.
In 1947, on the recommendation of P.D. Korin, she became a member of the Moscow Union of Artists.
She participated in all exhibitions in the monumental section of the Moscow Union of Artists.
During the course of her several years of work with monumental art, Shilovskaya also worked with tempera painting.
In 1993 she mounted a joint creative exhibition «Shilovskaya - Lykachevker - Gridin».
The works of Shilovskaya were acquired by the Art Fund of the Russian Union of Artists and the Pushkin State Museum.
In 1990 Shilovskaya began to work with "Les Oreades" gallery.
Participated in personal exhibitions of Moscow artists in Paris, Toulouse, Luchon and Bordeaux.
Her work was highly rated at both the international fair gallery in Geneva (1991) and at the Moscow «Àrt-World» (1991, 1993).
In 1993 Shilovskaya held her first personal exhibition in Moscow at «Les Oreades» gallery.
Shilovskaya's work can be found in museums in Russia and in private collections in Russia and abroad.
Sunday, March 19th - Sunday, April 16th, 2006.
You are welcome.
Central House Of Artists,
10 Krymsky Val,
New Galleries space,
LES OREADES Gallery